First United Methodist Church

Double Click on Pictures  to enlarge


Church address:   P.O. Box 428  Quitaque, Texas 79255 (Located at the corner of First  and Wilson St. one block south of blinking light on Hwy 86)

Services:              Sunday Bible Study 10am   Sunday Morning Worship  11 am

Telephone:          (806) 455-1439   &  (806) 455-1004



First United Methodist Church was organized October 4, 1903.  This small group of Christians met in the school house.  When other denominations came to Quitaque, Texas, the 21 members decided to build a church house that could be shared with other faiths.  The entire community of Quitaque helped build the white building with a steeple in 1908.  In the mid 1920's the other denominations began building their own worship places.

The Methodist had increased in numbers and the little white building with a steeple became inadequate.  In 1927 a basement was built which was used as a meeting place for 23 years.

In 1950 a new brick building was built.  The old basement was filled with dirt and concrete.  It now serves as a beautiful lawn for the present church building that frames it.

In 1991 the Flomot United Methodist Church was closed.  Several members of that group of Methodist came to join and worship at the church in Quitaque.

The First United Methodist Churches of Quitaque and the First United Methodist Church of Turkey (ten miles East of Quitaque) are part of the Northwest Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church.  





Please feel  welcome to visit our church

      Click on other churches         to visit in Quitaque

First Baptist Church of Quitaque

Juan Diego Catholic Center

Macedonia Baptist Church

Fairmont Missionary Baptist Church


Church Building